fashion
Magnolia trees and then Spring
Birds singing in the early morning.
Pastel skies on your way to work.
A gentle, but still cold wind.
When you lift your chin, petals dancing up above.
The faint smell of flowers in your nose.
Magnolia trees.
When talking about spring, this is quite the picture that immediately pops up in my head.
I love spring - my energy level is instantly on the maximum and it does the trick on my mood.
As a true child of the sun I rise and shine on sunny days.
However, spring can be challenging as well; early in the morning, when I'm on my way to work, it is still as cold as in winter, while in the afternoon it gets much warmer and then riding a bike with your winter jacket can be a "sweat challenge".
Plain talking, my spring wardrobe is full of layers to easily take off and rearrange.
Well, at least on workdays ;-)
Now talking fashion my spring essentials consist of three types of clothes:
1. Basic pieces. Pieces, that I love to wear throughout the entire year and that flatter my body type best. I pay big attention to appropriate cuts and styles - so those pieces won't change much, they are my all-time favourites, as they give me a basic comfortable feeling.
By the way, determining your body type, getting comfortable with it and then put that god given gift into its true light is a key essential to feeling good and well dressed on a daily basis.
. High waist everything. No matter whether it is shorts, jeans or skirts - I like them to be high waisted.
. Cropped jackets.
. Bodies. No matter how trendy oversized and loose fit attire might be or might become, I prefer body-hugging clothes.
. Cardigans. Not because I like them so much, but they are the best for challenging temperature changes.
2. Colourful pieces. You might already have noticed by now that I'm not the monochrome type of person and that my wardrobe has more shades than any rainbow.. haha
. Coral. Every spring my favourite one.
. Pale Yellow. This year's challenge.
. Pink Yarrow. Just about the right hue for spring.
. Island paradise. Gotta try it out this year.
3. Trend pieces. They vary from time to time and make things exciting and challenging. This year's spring I picked out the following ones.
. Frill and flounce.
. Bardot tops.
. Giving you the cold shoulder.
. Wrap, wrap, wrap.
. Those fancy statement earrings.
In the following I'd like to show you my first attempt of changing from winter to spring. Don't let yourself be tricked by the sleevless top; it was rather cold that day.. haha
Also excuse my "angry" face - I tried my very best to keep my eyes open in the bright sun.. haha
Pastel skies on your way to work.
A gentle, but still cold wind.
When you lift your chin, petals dancing up above.
The faint smell of flowers in your nose.
Magnolia trees.
When talking about spring, this is quite the picture that immediately pops up in my head.
I love spring - my energy level is instantly on the maximum and it does the trick on my mood.
As a true child of the sun I rise and shine on sunny days.
However, spring can be challenging as well; early in the morning, when I'm on my way to work, it is still as cold as in winter, while in the afternoon it gets much warmer and then riding a bike with your winter jacket can be a "sweat challenge".
Plain talking, my spring wardrobe is full of layers to easily take off and rearrange.
Well, at least on workdays ;-)
Now talking fashion my spring essentials consist of three types of clothes:
1. Basic pieces. Pieces, that I love to wear throughout the entire year and that flatter my body type best. I pay big attention to appropriate cuts and styles - so those pieces won't change much, they are my all-time favourites, as they give me a basic comfortable feeling.
By the way, determining your body type, getting comfortable with it and then put that god given gift into its true light is a key essential to feeling good and well dressed on a daily basis.
. High waist everything. No matter whether it is shorts, jeans or skirts - I like them to be high waisted.
. Cropped jackets.
. Bodies. No matter how trendy oversized and loose fit attire might be or might become, I prefer body-hugging clothes.
. Cardigans. Not because I like them so much, but they are the best for challenging temperature changes.
2. Colourful pieces. You might already have noticed by now that I'm not the monochrome type of person and that my wardrobe has more shades than any rainbow.. haha
. Coral. Every spring my favourite one.
. Pale Yellow. This year's challenge.
. Pink Yarrow. Just about the right hue for spring.
. Island paradise. Gotta try it out this year.
3. Trend pieces. They vary from time to time and make things exciting and challenging. This year's spring I picked out the following ones.
. Frill and flounce.
. Bardot tops.
. Giving you the cold shoulder.
. Wrap, wrap, wrap.
. Those fancy statement earrings.
In the following I'd like to show you my first attempt of changing from winter to spring. Don't let yourself be tricked by the sleevless top; it was rather cold that day.. haha
Also excuse my "angry" face - I tried my very best to keep my eyes open in the bright sun.. haha

0 comments: