fashion

I took a pill in Ibiza..

22:20,0 Comments

Palm trees Ibiza


..could be one of the things people coming back from Ibiza say.

We stayed out of it, I assure you (which was a rather difficult task to do with every five minutes someone offering you the whole drug palette), nevertheless I feel as if I have indeed taken some pill.
Namely the "relax pill", which led me straight to holiday paradise.
More so, a pill, which never quite let me leave paradise.

I didn't realise it at first though, people asking me how my holidays have been made me notice it at last.
Within one tiny little week, I have shifted gears from being highly aware about just anything around me and likewise ready to jump and act at once to a more relaxed pace. The world has started to turn much slowlier, it is still now.


I kept asking myself why I just do not care as much as I'm used to care about things. Why I could simply wake up and be happy? Without planning and deciding on what to do at every minute of the day?
What exactly made me come back while I was gone?

I thought a lot about which factors made up my "pill" and more important, how to best experience it again.
Here I'd like to share my thoughts with you - of course they are only ideas, your own pill might possibly contain of different ingredients. :-)


1. Timing

Timing is probably not the best fitting word, as it only contains half of what I have in my mind, but well. Can't think of any better word now.
Have you ever had the feeling you NEED to be at a certain place? Did you caught yourself smiling when thinking of that very location? Or if not smiling  (yes not all of us are as emotional as I am, I have to admit that haha), at least noticing a warm and good feeling inside you?
Peculiar, isn't it, that something like this exists?

I say, go for that one cosy thing - there is no better sign than that you really want something, if your mood gets better just by simply thinking about a certain place. It is your heart holding up high a sign which says "Pack your stuff and go there. Now.".

There is a right moment for all places and your heart will clearly tell you when that very moment is.
Once you have reached the location your heart has been yearning for, you will find yourself being very satisfied, pleased. You've finally landed at the spot, which everything revolves around. You are in your personal centre of everything.

Still worrying how to find that spot?
My suggestion is to be keen-eyed and -eared - remember inspiration comes in all kinds of shapes and forms. It is you, who decides whether you take a closer look at a photo, if you listen to someone speaking or if you simply ignore it.


Cala Salada Ibiza
Cala Salada

2. Company

How plain, isn't it?
I prefer traveling with only one person. That person is not a big planner, very easy-going and does not put any additional stress on me by having any expectations. He simply has none.
Neither about the destination we are heading to, nor the hotel, nor food, nor me.

If you want to relax and be at peace with yourself, make sure you travel with people who want just the same as you and share your view on how holidays should be.
In theory it sounds nice to see this and that and explore all kinds of things at your holiday destination with your company, but if you usually are not that active type of a person, it would make you only stressed out.


Ushuaia Hotel Ibiza
At Ushuaia Hotel for BIG with David Guetta

3. Expectations

Expect nothing and everything you gain can only be positive..?
Well.. not really.
Very detailed expectations are certainly something you should leave at home at all costs, as it surely will be a hindrance to you letting unexpected things surprise you.
But nevertheless expectations help you to know beforehand what you are truly searching for and how to be satisfied in the end.

Before stepping into a plane (okay usually on a much earlier stage) I think about what is my main target during the upcoming trip.
Is it to relax? Or is it to have the party of my life? To see things I cannot see at home? To finally be more active than I usually am at home?
Whatever it is, I keep it in my mind as to remember, when I try to go overboard and fulfill my sudden "wishes", which have absolutely no connection to making me reach my initial aim. (Like walking around aimlessly in the heat in that certain "fancy town", just because  I should do at least some sightseeing. Shouldn't I? That's at least what my brain keeps telling me all of a sudden.)
Connected to my main target I as well do a little planning beforehand.
As I get a suffocating feeling when too much planning is involved, I only decide which activities I definitely want to do and then I simply stick to them.
This time one of those fixed activities was taking a ferry boat to Formentera and explore the nature and beauty of that place.
It was the best day trip we have ever made - simply because we both have really wanted to make that trip and therefore started that particular day with the right motivation.


Formentera beach
Formentera

Eivissa old town
Eivissa Old Town

Hippy market Punta Arabi

Hippy Market in Punta Arabí


Maybe I should have warned you; this post is very picture heavy (and above all, text heavy - sorry only English this time)! But my fashion-addict self tells me I should share some outfits as well.. haha

So, there you go:


White lace dress


Monokini Shorts


Red lace dress


Flower tank dress




I totally suck at posing, but well, you at least get the holiday feeling.. haha

You Might Also Like

0 comments: